Happy June! The following are a few of the things to do in and around Shaw this weekend:
1. 14th and U Farmers Market on Saturday – Go get some fresh veggies and homemade goodness at the 14th and U Farmers Market from 10am to 2pm at 14th and U Streets, NW. I hear strawberries will be abundant… Throw in some whipped cream and a shortcake or a biscuit and you have a great summer dessert.
2. Breakfast (or Lunch or Dinner or Just a Smoothie) at Queen of Sheba – deliciously support this great small business. Queen of Sheba is located at 1503 9th Street (at the corner of 9th and P Streets).
3. Play a Game of Horse Shoes at the Kennedy Recreation Center – located in central Shaw and under the shade of large trees, the rec center’s horse shoe pits make for a fun and casual way to spend an afternoon.
4. Check Your Neighborhood-Oriented Resolutions – it’s the half-way point of the year—How are you doing on your neighborhood-enhancing resolutions? It's never too late to play catchup!!
5. Shaw’s Regular Exciting Options - Shaw always offers you weekend fun, including these regular options: the Liberation Dance Party at DC9, the shows at 9:30 Club, Black Cat, Arena Stage, and Studio Theater, the cultural offerings of the Warehouse Arts Complex, Project 4 Gallery, the Ninth Street Gallery, and the Long View Gallery, and the chance to get your freak on and knock back some drinks at places like Avenue, Be Bar, and Old Dominion Brewhouse.