Despite my relative silence of late (work is mostly to blame), the pulse of Shaw is still beating strongly. Here are a few things on my radar:
1. The Long View Gallery's latest show, "New American Paintings," opens on Friday (tomorrow!). The reception is from 5 to 8 p.m. Read more about it here.
2. El Sol de America restaurant at 1930 9th Street, NW gets two thumbs up from me. I ate there on Sunday night; the enchiladas were great, as was the sangria.
3. 11th Street's Booming! Have you seen the progress being made on Logan Row Phase II or on this 10 unit project just south of Rhode Island? In the 1600 block of 11th, several projects are nearing completion, if they are not already complete, and look awesome.
4. The old Watha T. Daniel/Shaw library is almost completely gone! I love how bright and open the intersection of 7th and Rhode Island Avenue/R Street feels now that the long-fenced-off concrete bunker is gone.
5. The Exchange's finish work looks awesome. I'm a sucker for copper on buildings, so I love the copper roofed bays. And the detailed paint job on the mouldings looks great!