As always, Shaw’s blowing up with stuff to do this weekend. Here are a few of the many options awaiting your selection:
1. Shaw’s Monthly Cleanup Saturday Morning – It will be a beautiful morning to add some beauty to upper 9th Street in Shaw. Details here.
Shaw Monthly Cleanup
September 15th, 9 AM
Meeting: 9th & Q (Carter Woodson Park area)
2. Check out Project 4’s Newest Show - Project 4 presents "Landscapes / Star Wars on Earth", a solo exhibition featuring two bodies of work by photographer Cedric Delsaux. The show runs from September 15 through October 20.
Project 4 Gallery
903 U Street, NW
3. Long View’s Opening Reception for Stacie Albano – I got a sneak preview of the show going up last night; these works are not to be missed--they are H-O-T. Opening reception is from 6 to 8 Saturday; details here.
The Long View Gallery
1302 9th Street, NW
4. Gay Sunday at the Space – The Space opens its doors Sunday night at 6 for its first ever "Gay Sunday" event. Picture loads of beautiful men, a good vibe, and a nice breeze on the Miami-esque roof deck.
903 N Street, NW
5. Have Sunday Supper at Vegetate - from 4:30-9pm is Vegetate's Sunday Chef's Dinner. The Chef's dinner will highlight the best of what Vegetate's Chef, Caesare Assad, finds at the Sunday markets, as well as specials dishes she'll create only for that day. And since great food goes best with great wine, wines by the glass will be half-price.
1414 9th St., NW
6. These Regular Options Are Always Great -the Liberation Dance Party at DC9, the shows at 9:30 Club, Black Cat, Arena Stage, and Studio Theater, the cultural offerings of the Warehouse Arts Complex, Project 4 Gallery, the Ninth Street Gallery, and the Long View Gallery, the chance to get your freak on and knock back some drinks at places like Avenue, Be Bar, Nellie's Sports Bar, and Old Dominion Brewhouse, and great meals at Vegetate, Etete, or Queen of Sheba.