As usual, there’s lots to do in and around Shaw this weekend. Here are just a few of your options:
1. Container Gardening Workshop at the 7th Street Garden on Saturday – Learn how to grow food in your urban yard, patio or home in this container gardening workshop tomorrow from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m... Take home materials to start growing your own. Pre-registration required. Cost: Sliding scale $5-$15. Details here
2. Artist Reception at Long View Gallery for Dana Ellyn on Saturday Night – Saturday night from 6 to 8 p.m., The Long View Gallery hosts an artist reception marking the opening of their new exhibition of paintings entitled “I Call Shenanigans” by D.C. artist Dana Ellyn. Long View’s exhibition of Dana’s work runs from June 9 – June 30, so if you can’t stop by tomorrow night, make it by sometime this weekend.
The Long View Gallery
1302 9th Street, NW
3. Be Proud and Supportive – This weekend is Capital Pride. Details of all happenings, including a parade, are available here.
4. Dine for a Good Cause at Acadania on Sunday – As reported by Metrocurean here, support the Southern Food and Beverage Museum this Sunday night from 6 to 9 p.m. at Acadiana.
901 New York Ave., NW
5. Shaw Is Always a Weekend Destination - These regular weekend options are always great: the Liberation Dance Party at DC9, the shows at 9:30 Club, Black Cat, Arena Stage, and Studio Theater, the cultural offerings of the Warehouse Arts Complex, Project 4 Gallery, the Ninth Street Gallery, and the Long View Gallery, and the chance to get your freak on and knock back some drinks at places like Avenue, Be Bar, and Old Dominion Brewhouse.