Is your weekend agenda a little light right now? Consider one of these great options in Shaw:
1. Concert at the Warehouse Next Door on Saturday Night – Tomorrow night at 9:30, “rawk” to the live performance by the, um, “Assrockers” at the Warehouse Next Door.
Warehouse Theater Complex
1017-1021 7th St., NW
2. Get VegeToasted – Vegetate has an awesome and inventive cocktail menu. Stop by one night this weekend to enjoy a delicious and unique drink in their uber cool lounge. And don't forget to try one of their heavenly Bloody Mary's at brunch this Sunday.
1414 9th St., NW
3. Speaking of Vegetate – Write a letter to the ABCB voicing your support for their liquor license. Here is an example of a letter expressing your support. I suggest mailing in your letters to the Board yourself ASAP (address included in example letter); if you can’t do so, Off Seventh has graciously volunteered to deliver your letters and emails in person to the Board at the hearing in March. Check out Off Seventh for more details.
4. Clear Your Sidewalk.
5. Action Packed Sunday at DC9 – DC9 will be bumping this Sunday. First, starting at 11 am, Over 25 local alternative and punk bands will be playing in hopes of being the next big thing on the scene. Early show doors open at 11:00 am. For additional information, contact www.concertsfirst.com. Second, starting at 9pm is Taint, the monthly “alternative night for queer boys and girls.”
1940 9th St., NW
6. The Usual Fun Stuff in and around Shaw - Check out the Liberation Dance Party at DC9, the shows at 9:30 Club, Black Cat, Arena Stage, and Studio Theater, the cultural offerings of the Warehouse Arts Complex, Project 4 Gallery, the Ninth Street Gallery, and the Long View Gallery, and the chance to get your freak on and knock back some drinks at places like Avenue and Be Bar.
Know of a weekend shoutout I should feature? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!