1. Pick up at least one piece of trash outside a day.Any other suggestions?
2. Volunteer in our neighborhood -- opportunities abound to suit a range of interests (pitch in at a school, the library, the Kennedy Recreation Center, or one of our many great non-profits, like Bread for the City).
3. Organize and/or participate in a neighborhood watch for your block.
4. Become a graffiti fighter. Buy paint now and be prepared to paint over tags as they appear to prevent chronic tagging.
5. Eat/Shop/Drink local. Our neighborhood small businesses represent significant investments in our community and help make us a unique destination in the city. Help them thrive by patronizing them and encouraging others to do the same
One of my resolutions is to resume regular blogging and to make this site a better resource for and about the Shaw neighborhood.