On Monday night, Shaw will be buzzing with activities bringing in the new year in style. Here are a few of the options our neighborhood offers:
1. The Mad, Mad Masquerade at the Carnegie Library - Roughly 1,000 people dressed to the nines and wearing masks, an open bar all night, three levels, three simultaneous bands, a disco and a movie theater await you at this event. Although tickets will be sold at the door, the event could sell out so I'd buy ahead of time.
2. Good Food, Good Music and Good Drinks at Vegetate -Vegetate will be open for dinner on New Years Eve from 6pm-11pm, and their 2nd floor bar and lounge will be open until 1am with the lounge menu available until midnight. There will be a complimentary champagne toast to bring in the New Year and Vegetate's very own DJ Dredd will be spinning. You can make a reservation through this link.
3. be: broadway or be vip at be bar - be bar introduces be: broadway this New Year's Eve. be: broadway features high-energy dance remixes and videos including your favorite Broadway musicals. Admission into be: broadway is just $10.
be bar is also taking reservations in their VIP suite for New Year's Eve and offers several packages at varying price points. Details here.
4. A Hot Mess NYE at DC9. - Liberation Dance Party presents "A Hot Mess NYE" at DC9. The event will feature D.J. Shannon Stewart & D.J. Bill Spieler spinning the best indie rock, electronic & hip-hop music and videos. Tickets are $25 and get you your first drink for free and campaign at midnight. Details here.
5. Party or Post-Party at The Space - The Space offers a more relaxed alternative for New Years Eve and gives you two options for enjoying their awesome vibe. The main event features a premium open bar from 9pm to 5am, a champagne toast, food (including heavy appetizers all night long and breakfast around 4:30am) and cool sounds from D.J.s all night. The Post Party event features an open bar from 3am to 5am and breakfast. Tickets to the Post Party must be purchased in advance; tickets to the main event *may* be available at the door and get you into the Post Party. Buy tickets online now here or at The Space. Buy early to make sure you can get in this cool spot.
6. Four Decades of Hits, Spectacles Galore and Amazing Effects and Video at Town - Celebrate Town Danceboutique's first New Year's Eve celebration. Tickets are $20 and are available in advance at Town's box office (ticket holders avoid the long lines).
7. Eat, Drink and Celebrate Nellie - Nellie's Sports Bar invites you to bring in the new year with no cover charge, a great D.J., a champagne toast, party favors, $11.95 bucket of Buds until midnight, and $3.00 Nellie beer and house vodka until 10pm. Nellie's will be open until 3am.
I'm surely leaving some notable events off -- if you have a suggestion, leave a comment or email me at slumhistorique at yahoo dot com!