There’s a lot going on this weekend in and around Shaw. I’m sure this abbreviated list (sorry—work’s keeping me busy!) leaves off numerous notables; chime in with a comment for a shoutout I’ve missed:
1. Have a Cocktail at The Space Tonight or Tomorrow Night – Enjoy a drink or a light, fresh bite prepared by their chef on The Space’s awesome roof deck or in its swank lounge tonight or tomorrow. It’s such a great place to unwind and to meet new, interesting people, making it a great destination unto itself or a great stop on the way out elsewhere.
903 N Street, NW
2. Mount Vernon Square’s Annual Cookout Saturday Night – Click here for details.
3. Clean Up a School Saturday Morning– Click here for details.
4. Check out a Yoga Class at Maruka – Click here for details.
Maruka - School for Yoga , Healing Arts and Retail Boutique
1300 9th Street, NW (Corner of 9th and N Streets)
5. These Regular Options Are Always Great: the Liberation Dance Party at DC9, the shows at 9:30 Club, Black Cat, Arena Stage, and Studio Theater, the cultural offerings of the Warehouse Arts Complex, Project 4 Gallery, the Ninth Street Gallery, and the Long View Gallery, the chance to get your freak on and knock back some drinks at places like Avenue, Be Bar, Nellie's Sports Bar, and Old Dominion Brewhouse, and great meals at Vegetate, Etete, or Queen of Sheba.
Have a weekend shoutout suggestion? Email me at slumhistorique at yahoo dot com or leave it in the comments!