Below are a few of the exciting things going on in and around Shaw this weekend.
1. Easter Brunch at Acadiana- This Easter Sunday from 11am - 5pm, Acadiana will offer their three-course prixe-fixe brunch menu for $32 a person, which includes a complimentary mimosa or bloody mary. To view Acadiana's Sunday Brunch Menu, click here, and scroll down to "Eye-Opener Brunch".
2. Grand Opening Festivities at Old City Green on Saturday - Enjoy a 10% discount all weekend, but be sure to attend the dedication of Community Peace Garden at Old City Green, which takes place at 12pm.
3. Easter Brunch at Vinoteca - Vinoteca will offer an Easter brunch buffet this Sunday from 11am to 3pm. For $35 per person, you will enjoy a gourmet selection of brunch dishes as well as a pitcher of mimosa, bellini, or kir for your table (Pitchers are limited to one per four people per table)!!! Make your reservation today!
4. Plant Trees and/or Roll Easter Eggs at Common Good City Farm this Saturday - Common Good City Farm is the new incarnation of the Seventh Street Garden and is now located at the Gage School grounds (located at 2025 3rd St NW, 3rd & V Streets, NW) in LeDroit Park. Two notable events occur there this Saturday, April 11. First, from 9am to 11pm is a workday in which Casey Trees and Common Ground will plant 20 fruit trees (all tools and light snacks provided. Kids are welcome if accompanied by an adult). Second, there will be an Easter Egg Roll and some fun activities for the whole family after the morning's work is complete. White House signature eggs will be given as prizes.
5. Countdown to Yuri's Night Party at Warehouse Arts Complex - This sci-fi event incorporates a gallery show, music, and performance as a gateway to celestial celebration. Tickets are $20 in advance and available on this website.
Know of others? Let us know in the comments!