ReNewShaw Twitter

Monday, April 06, 2009

FYI: Happy Hours in Shaw

I am soon going to update my Shaw Information Center (to the right) to spotlight Shaw businesses, recurring events, resources and things to do in our great neighborhood. I am completely open to suggestions on what types of information to feature, so let me know what you'd like to see. My working list of subjects includes the following: "Regular Community Meetings," "Happy Hours," "Brunches," "Coffee Shops," "Restaurants," an updated "Real Estate Developments," an updated "Where to Host an Event," and an updated "Unique Gifts from Shaw." Please let me know what other categories would be useful.

My first addition to the Information Center will be one of the fun ones: Happy Hours in Shaw. I have collected the following information about area happy hours; if I am leaving any place or any thing out, or if my details are inaccurate, please let me know in the comments or via email.


Happy Hours in Shaw


1. 1905 Restaurant – Happy Hour Sunday through Wednesday from 5:30 to 7pm featuring half Price Wine By the Bottle.

2. Be Bar – Daily Happy Hour from 5 to 9pm featuring $3 Martini/Champagne Cocktail Menu or two for one top shelf liquor drinks.

3. Corduroy Weekday happy hour specials from 5 to 7pm.

4. DC9 – Happy Hour is every day from 5 to 8pm featuring $2.50 Bud & Bud Light bottles, $3.00 rail cocktails, $3.00 beer special of the week, and half price appetizers

5. Nellie's Sports Bar – "Beat The Clock" Happy Hour Monday through Friday: All bottles, Miller Light, or House Vodka Drinks are $1 from 5 to 6pm, $2 from 6 to 7pm, and $3 from 7 to 8pm.

6. Old Dominion Brewhouse - Weekday happy hour from 4 to 7pm featuring $3.25 sixteen ounce beers, $3.99 twenty ounce beers and half price on appetizers.

7. Veranda– Weekday happy hour from 5 to 7pm featuring $4 wine, $3.50 rail drinks, $3 select beers, and all other beer $1 off.

8. Vegetate – Vegetate's happy hour features over 10 wines by the glass at half price, along with a great selection of seasonal cocktails and beer specials. There are also food specials with half price items from their bites menu. Happy hour on Tuesdays is from 6 to 9:30pm and features music by DJ Dredd. Happy hour on Wednesdays through Thursdays are from 6 to 8pm.

1 comment:

Clay said...

I'll take one of each, please.