1. Engine Company No. 7 - This old firehouse located at 931 R Street offers over 5000 square feet of floor space, a modern kitchen with industrial Wolf stove, exposed brick, dramatic architectural lighting, the original brass firepole, and impressive views of downtown Washington from the roof deck. Presently the home and studio of neon light sculptor Craig Kraft, the building serves as his art studio downstairs and a magnificent living and entertaining space above. On and off street parking are available. To find out more about the Kraft Studio and Firehouse, call them at 202.588.9655.
2. D.C. Guesthouse - This beautiful mansion at 1337 10th Street is the perfect location for a holiday reception. The Guesthouse can arrange on-site catering. Call 202.332.2502 for more information. The Guesthouse is a world-renowned b&b, so you can eliminate stress on your homefront by having your out-of-town visitors stay in one of the Guesthouse's six beautiful guest rooms!
3. be bar - Located at 1318 9th Street, be bar is a modern space that impresses all strangers to it (and continues to impress its veterans). be bar now features a private party suite that can accommodate up to 50 people. The suite is a cool haven of privacy and relaxation. Unique, intimate and softly-lit, it includes private cabanas and dedicated servers. Cabana reservations available with a $300 minimum and include a VIP Guest List of up to eight guests. Room reservations available beginning at $1500. Street parking may be available, and it's just a few blocks from the Convention Center Metro. Call 202.232.7451 to discuss options.
4. The Long View Gallery - Located at 1302 9th Street, the Long View Gallery's industrial space, adorned with beautiful regional artwork and festive holiday decor, makes for an impressive venue for a small or large cocktail party. Street parking may be available, and it's just a few blocks from the Convention Center Metro. Call 202.232.4788 for details.
5. Vegetate - Vegetate’s cool space at 1414 9th Street has a private dining room on the third floor that may be reserved for larger parties up to 14. They can also accommodate larger dining/private party options. Call 202.232.4585 to plan an event.
6. Old Dominion Brewhouse – Your guests will surely have fun at O.D., with its sports bar amenities and atmosphere, delicious beer, munchies and entrees, and prime metro-accessible location. Call 202-289-8158 for events planning. O.D is located at 1219 9th Street in the Convention Center's retail row.
7. Acadiana - Acadiana can host special events in their varied banquet rooms that can seat up to 100 guests. They can create an exciting menu, ranging from 3 to 5 courses. For all reservations, confirmations or inquiries regarding private parties in our banquet rooms, contact Darnell Howell (darnell.howell at dccoast dot com). Acadiana is located at 901 New York Avenue.
8. The Space - The Space's industrial-chic vibe makes for an uber-cool holiday spot. The Space features a large lounge area downstairs, an upstairs cigar bar and a private heated roof deck. For information, email info at thespace dot com or call 202.232.5508. The Space is located at 903 N Street.
9. Avenue - Avenue's vibrant and exciting setting can host gatherings of 15 to 1500 people. call 202.347.8100 or email info at avedc dot com for more information. Avenue is located at 649 New York Avenue.
10. Nellie's Sports Bar - Nellie's Sports Bar is a great, fun, casual venue for your holiday event. Contact one of the Nellie Event Planners at 202. 332.NELL (6355) to create an experience that is tailored to your needs. Nellie's offers a variety of meal and hors d'oeuvres options with or without beverage packages. Nellie's can host burnches, lunches, happy hours, full receptions and celebrations, karaoke, live jazz, and much more (not to mention the fact that you can keep an eye on the game whilst having a blast)! Located at 900 U Street (at the intersection of 9th and U) and just steps away from the metro, Nellie's is easily accessible.
I'm sure I'm leaving some off-please email me at slumhistorique at yahoo dot com with additions or corrections.