1. Thanksgiving @ Vegetate - Vegetate offers Thanksgiving Dinner this year! The dinner is a 5-course, fixed priced menu, $50/person, with vegetarian and vegan options. There's two seatings: one at 2pm and the other at 5pm, reservation only. You can see the menu on the homepage of their website.
2. Vegetate was recently voted Best Vegetarian Restaurant 2007 by Washington Blade readers.
3. Sunday Chef's Dinner - Vegetate's Sunday Chef's Dinner is going strong and was recently featured in the Washingtonian's best bites column. Each Sunday, Vegetate's chef wakes up and goes to the markets in the city in search of the best vegetable and fruits available. Then she brings them back to Vegetate and creates all new dishes. You can see past weeks menus here.
Dinner starts early at 4:30, and the last seating is 8:45pm. And since great food goes best with great wine, wines by the glass are half-price.
4. Lounge Menu - Vegetate's one month old lounge menu has special items that aren't on their dinner menu, as well as some favorites from the regular menu. Make a meal out of it or have a unique snack with their seasonal cocktails. The lounge menu is available at the bar or in the lounge every Tuesday through Thursday until 10pm and Friday and Saturday until 11pm.
5. Happy Hour and DJ Lineup - Vegetate's Happy Hour is Tuesday through Thursday from 6-8pm. Great music and selected cocktails, beer, wine and food are $5.
Tuesday-- DJ Harry Hotter spinning soul/funk 45's
Wednesday-- DJ Dave Nada spinning dance/retro/remixes
Thursday-- DJ Dredd spinning classics & hip hop instrumentals
1414 9th St., NW