Have fun in and around Shaw this weekend despite the forecast dip in temperatures. Here is some inspiration for neighborhood fun:
1. Opening Reception Tonight at Project 4 Gallery – Project 4 Gallery’s new group exhibition, Specimen, opens with a reception tonight from 6 to 8:30. Specimen is a group exhibition of nine internationally selected artists whose bodies of work explore themes of preservation, evolution and documentation.
Project 4 Gallery
903 U Street, NW
2. Madonna-rama at be bar tonight – Dance to Madge and drink some delicious martinis. Featuring DJ Darryl Strickland.
1318 9th Street NW
3. Political Folk Show with David Rovics, Mat Callahan + Yvonne Moore, and Spoonboy at the Brian MacKenzie Infoshop on Saturday Night - Ring in St. Patricks Day with a night of songs of rebellion and revolution. $5/all ages gets you in to this unique event.
Brian MacKenzie Infoshop
1426 9th Streeet, NW
4. St. Patty’s at O.D. all Day Saturday – Nothing says St. Patty’s day like beer, and nothing says beer like our very own Old Dominion Brewhouse, which is open from 11:30 in the morning to 12:30 in the evening.
Old Dominion Brewhouse
1219 9th Street, NW (Convention Center exterior retail space)
5. There's Always this Cool Stuff To Do on the Weekend in Shaw - Check out the Liberation Dance Party at DC9, the shows at 9:30 Club, Black Cat, Arena Stage, and Studio Theater, the cultural offerings of the Warehouse Arts Complex, Project 4 Gallery, the Ninth Street Gallery, and the Long View Gallery, and the chance to get your freak on and knock back some drinks at places like Avenue and Be Bar.