Have some fun and do some good in the great neighborhood of Shaw this weekend. Here are some of the many options awaiting you:
1. DJ Dredd at Vegetate on Saturday - Check out DJ Dredd on the 2nd floor lounge at Vegetate every Saturday starting at 8pm. He'll be spinning a diverse mix so come grab a drink and a bite to eat and listen to some great music. With their stipulated liquor license in hand, Vegetate offers awesome natural homemade cocktails and an eclectic list of wine and beer. Check out their current menus here.
1414 9th Street, NW,
2. A Meal--Any Meal--at Queen of Sheba - Did you know that Queen of Sheba serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily and that its menu is derived from Ethiopian, Italian and American traditions? Word on the street is that they make some killer lasagna and some huge, delicious pancakes. Check out their menu here
Queen of Sheba
1503 9th Street, NW
3. GNP’s Son of Bush at Warehouse Theater on Saturday - The GNP two person comedic production runs every Saturday at 8 and 10 p.m. at the Warehouse Theater. Tickets for the 8 p.m. show are $30, $25 for seniors and $20 for students. The 10 p.m. show is $15 for all age groups. Tickets can be purchased at the GNP Box Office by calling (202) 783-7212. Find out more information about the show and even make an online reservation at their website.
1017-1021 7th Street, NW
4. Happy Hour at OD Tonight - En route home from work, check out the Old Dominion Brewhouse's weekday happy hour(s) special, offered Mon-Fri from 3:30-6:30pm, which always features $2.99 all drafts and 1/2 price on appetizers.
Old Dominion Brewhouse
1219 9th Street, NW
5. Kick Some Trash and Graffiti Butt - The long awaiting thawing of ice and snow has revealed that we've got some work to do in terms of trash and graffiti fighting efforts. Use this weekend's spring-like temps to pick up some trash and to show the taggers who's boss.
6. There's Always Cool Stuff Going on in Shaw - Check out the Liberation Dance Party at DC9, the shows at 9:30 Club, Black Cat, Arena Stage, and Studio Theater, the cultural offerings of the Warehouse Arts Complex, Project 4 Gallery, the Ninth Street Gallery, and the Long View Gallery, and the chance to get your freak on and knock back some drinks at places like Avenue and Be Bar.