The following buzz-worthy events are going on in and around our wonderful neighborhood this weekend:
1. William Waybourn's Photographic Exhibition at The Long View Gallery Saturday Night. This Saturday, February 10th, from 6-8pm, The Long View Gallery opens its latest exhibition, William Waybourn, Portraits. Waybourn’s portraits are quite literally of the “guy next door,” with almost all of his subjects living in Washington, DC. The photographs have been taken over the course of the past 13 years.
Long View Gallery in the City
1302 9th St.
2. Be Bar's "be: mickey mouse club" Tonight. Tonight Be Bar will feature the stars of the Mickey Mouse Club including Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera and More all Nite! DJ Darryl Strickland will set the tone, which is sure to provide for fun times. There will also be a CD giveaway of Katherine McPhee and Fantasia (I must say Fantasia's c.d. is a new guilty pleasure of mine...)!
1318 9th St.
3. Jonathan Richman at 9:30 Club Tonight. Fun "proto-punk troubadour's show" by Jonathan Richman. Don't think you've heard of him? He made several singing cameos in There's Something About Mary. That in and of itself is reason to go.
815 V St. NW
4. Annual Tax Fair at Convention Center Saturday Afternoon. Check out Congresswoman Norton's annual Tax Preparation and Information Fair at the convention center this Saturday from 10am to 1pm.
5. The Usual Fun Stuff in and around Shaw All Weekend. Check out the Liberation Dance Party at DC9, the shows at 9:30 Club, Black Cat, Arena Stage, and Studio Theater, the cultural offerings of the Warehouse Arts Complex, Project 4 Gallery, the Ninth Street Gallery, and the Long View Gallery, and the chance to get your freak on and knock back some drinks at places like Avenue and Be Bar.
Know of an event I should highlight in my Weekend Shoutouts? Email me at email@example.com!