I don't know about y'all, but I'm looking to be as low key as possible this weekend. Here are a few weekend destination suggestions in and around our neighborhood, with a couple chill options as well:
1. There's an opening at The Project 4 Gallery tonight from 6 to 8:30. The new exhibit, "There's no time for this," is a collaborative exhibition from artists Gregory McLellan and Tim Pittman. They explore their reality and document their insanity, in no particular form or medium. Ranging from mixed media and video works to paintings and found objects, McLellan and Pittman allow nothing to be precious, and everything to be a little too much. It will play with your senses, as well as your knowledge of pop music, and promises "men in their underwear." Find out more here.
2. Breakwell's Coffee at 900 M Street (at the corner of 9th and M). I absolutely love this cozy coffee shop. Their hours are Monday through Friday 6am to 8pm, Saturday 7am to 5 pm, and Sunday 10am to 2pm. They offer free WiFi, so it would be a great place to crank out some work without having to hit the office. Their phone number is 202.289.4601.
3. Emmet Swimming is playing at the 9:30 Club tonight with Trustfall. It's going to be an early show, beginning at 6:30 and ending by 10. This special performance which will include songs not performed since 1998, new songs and the usual antics. Price is $15; for more information, call 202.393.0930.
4. The weekly Liberation Dance Party at DC 9 will again add some hipster edginess to our neighborhood. Dance to new music and videos for only $5.
5. Azi's Cafe at 1336 9th St would be a great place to chill and people watch tomorrow or Sunday. Enjoy their assorted coffee drinks, breakfast pastries, salads and tasty sandwiches. And enjoy their free WiFi. Azi's hours are Monday through Saturday, 7 am to 7pm and Sun 7am to 6pm, and the phone number is 202.232.0001.